The fundamentals of the analysis of keywords have not changed. We still need to find words and phrases for our site that will help us attract potential customers. There are several ways to achieve a positive result:
- Use of tools such as Google Keyword Planner. This will help you identify popular, but not very competitive keywords and phrases.
- Study of the analytical data of your site in order to determine those keywords that already attract traffic and sales. You can use this data to find new and similar keywords, or create additional content based on them.
- Match your resource with the most ranked web pages of competitors to determine the keywords for which they are targeted.
- The introduction of long keywords into content, as a natural spoken language is better perceived by users.
- Google now does not just process search queries for keywords – when ranked, the system determines how much a site can be useful to the user. Therefore, when analyzing keywords, focus on relevant and relevant topics.
SEO elements on the site
The structure of your site should contain the following elements:
- Content with a large number of characters. Everyone knows that Google gives preference to more extensive and exhaustive content, competently considering a particular topic. Surface and short content is no longer in a trend.
- Relevant terms. Relevant are those terms that relate to the topic of your resource and maximize its disclosure. Their presence will show users and the search engine that you understand what you are talking about, and are well versed in your field. For example, the word “search” will almost always be used on sites on the topic ‘SEO’.
- Keywords within the content. Keywords should be embedded in your content and, especially, in the header of the site, the title and sub-headings of the pages, as well as in the opening and closing paragraphs.
SEO whole site
It is good to optimize individual elements of the pages of your resource correctly, but this is only half the battle. If there are no specific components in the overall structure of the site, then its positions on the pages with organic search results will leave much to be desired.
So make sure that your resource:
- Adapted for mobile devices: Google released the Mobilegeddon algorithm, which calculates the degree of optimization of sites for mobile devices. After that, the adaptation of resources to phones and tablets has become one of the most significant ranking factors. If you have not already done this, I suggest that you do this as soon as possible and make sure that the design of your site is simple and concise, and that it has a special mobile version or application.
- Has a high download speed: your site should quickly load on any device. Nevertheless, in connection with the more widespread use of mobile devices, the most important now is fast downloading on phones and tablets.
- Has a clearly structured content: Creating a correct and logical structure for content on your resource will perfectly affect both your ranking and the convenience in working with it. Users should easily understand the navigation of your resource and do not search for the data they need, wandering through numerous sections. Create the optimal structure for your content as follows:
- Use interactive elements such as drop-down menus and buttons;
- Include in the content lists and markers, dividing it into clear segments;
- Use internal links to create a convenient navigation for your site. External links can also be useful to you if Google considers them to be non-malicious and relevant.
Mobile Search Engine Optimization
We have already briefly discussed the importance of optimizing the site for mobile devices. Today it is not enough to create two versions of your resource and optimize it only for PC. Moreover, Google announced that users are much more likely to search from mobile devices. What is included in mobile search engine optimization:
- Reducing the size of the file and increasing the download speed of the site: Mobile pages should load faster, which means they should be smaller in size, unlike their analog PC.
- Creation of the format ‘mobile-friendly’ and the proper structuring of the resource: Due to the fact that users of mobile devices are on the Internet, figuratively speaking, on the move, your content should be very clearly structured, so that its essence was clear at first sight.
- The presence of keywords in the content: Continue to introduce keywords into your PC-content. Relate terms are also of great importance for mobile content.
- The presence of a sufficient number of characters: Simply put, mobile content should be shorter, simpler and more concise than the content on the PC.
Reducing the amount of advertising: By adding advertisements to the structure of the mobile version of your resource, keep in mind that highly ranked mobile pages should be much less advertising than their analogue PC. Advertising can significantly reduce the speed of page loading.
The good old link-building, the essence of which is the establishment of links with other webmasters for the exchange of links (including spam), has long been obsolete.
Smart and experienced businessman know that such tactics are not only inefficient, but also dangerous for your site. Today, instead of exchanging links, marketers prefer to independently develop their reference base by generating high-quality content that receives positive reviews.
However, despite the fact that the relevance of links as a ranking factor is decreasing, they still remain an important factor in placing links on search results pages. Recently, the resources of Moz and BuzzSumo conducted an analysis in which the types of content with the most number of links were identified:
- Content based on scientific facts;
- Opinion of journalists;
- Expanded texts of more than 1000 words;
- Why-posts that help solve a particular question (For example, “Why can not I download this file”).
- You ask: so how can you attract more links to your site, since the link building is already outdated?
Surprisingly, guest blogging continues to be an effective strategy, not only for recruiting an external reference base, but also for encircling its resource with a more targeted audience.
Also, promoting your content in social networks is an incredibly effective strategy – but not because your likes, reposts and retweets can be viewed by the search engine as links. This is not true. Thanks to social networks, you will have the opportunity to increase your credibility on the Internet, and therefore, to come to the fact that users will themselves talk about your resource on their pages.
Not telling you about the importance of content marketing for SEO would be a huge omission on my part. Today the quality of the content of your site – say without grueling – is the key to your success in SEO. Knowledgeable people recommend all webmasters, private SEO in 2018 to publish a meaningful, long and concise content that is understandable to users. It should make sense. Sites with such content will be able to take high positions on the pages with search results, because only then they will attract many reposts and links. Moreover, content that intelligently covers this or that topic, in itself, will contain all the necessary elements for a successful ranking.
Image credit: 568647